Call for NAWDP Board Members
From Brenda Motley-Aikens, CWDP, Nominations and Elections Chair
NAWDP's Board of Directors needs you! Here is your chance to help lead the association dedicated to serving workforce development professionals. NAWDP is currently seeking members to represent the following:
• Michigan – 2 Members
• Colorado – 2 Members
• Virginia – 2 Members
• Maryland – 2 Members
• Illinois – 2 Members
• Texas – 1 Member
• Florida – 1 Member
• Wisconsin – 1 Member
• Missouri – 1 Member
• Indiana – 1 Member
• Pennsylvania – 1 Member
• Ohio – 1 Member
• North Carolina – 1 Member
• California – 1 Member
• Arizona – 1 Member
• Connecticut – 1 Member
• Kansas – 1 Member
NAWDP values and seeks diverse leadership in terms of age, race, ethnicity, experience, and expertise. We welcome nominations from individuals who:
- Have a passion for Workforce Development
- Understand Workforce Development and the needs of our profession
- Have strong professional networks in their state
- Are interested in shaping the future of Workforce Development
- Can commit to participate in four board meetings a year (all costs associated with meetings and travel are the responsibility of the board member)
- Demonstrate positive leadership attributes, emotional intelligence, ability to work collaboratively, and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed.
If this describes you, nominate yourself today! Nomination Form
Nominations will be accepted until 5:00pm CST April 30th, 2020.
NAWDP is governed by an elected Board of Directors, and led by a Chief Executive Officer who has full management authority, including fiscal and personnel authority, subject to mission and policy guidance from the Board. The by-laws require the organization to elect 35 directors from among active members to serve on the Board, selected to represent NAWDP members’ interests as follows:
• One director must be elected from each of 10 districts, consisting of the following US states and territories:
Region 1 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont
Region 2 – New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands
Region 3 – the District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia
Region 4 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin
Region 6 – Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas
Region 7 – Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska
Region 8 – Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming
Region 9 – Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, and Nevada
Region 10 – Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Canada, and Army/Air Post Office (APO)
• One director must be elected from each of the 17 states with the largest active memberships.
• An additional director must be elected to represent the five states with the largest active memberships.
• Three directors will be elected at-large from the membership as a whole.
Directors serve for a term of three years beginning on July 1 and ending on June 30.