The Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP) credential is administered and awarded by NAWDP.
To be considered for the CWDP designation, you must:
1. Complete the CWDP Application and Experience e-forms using the links below. You can save your progress and resume work as your schedule allows. Once these forms are completed, you will receive a confirmation email that you have successfully submitted the application, along with a PDF of the completed e-form:
2. Upload your application documents in the designated file upload spaces and pay the application fee on the Submit My CWDP page. Application documents must include:
- The PDF of your completed CWDP application, which you will receive via email upon finalizing the e-form;
- The PDF of your completed Experience e-form, which you will receive via email upon finalizing the e-form; and
- A PDF including all additional required documentation as identified within your application, such as diplomas or transcripts.
3. Have two (2) professionals who are familiar with your work and experience as a Workforce Development Professional complete and complete the electronic Reference e-form, available on the Verify Employment/References page on this site;
4. Have current and former employers verify your work experience using our Employment Verification e-form, available on the Verify Employment/References page of this site.
5. Pay for your certification. The cost of certification for NAWDP members is $75.00. Click here for information on re-certification, endorsement and non-member fees.
All of the above items must be completed and successfully submitted to NAWDP to be entered into the review process. Reference and employment verification forms that are completed by individuals other than the applicant must be submitted electronically following the e-form instructions in order for an application to be considered complete.
Once NAWDP has determined your application is complete, all application documentation will be forwarded to the Review Committee for consideration during the next available review period.
Review periods: Certification and Re-certification applications may be submitted any time during the month. All applications received through the last day of the month will be forwarded to the Review Committee by the 15th day of the following month. The Review Committee will have until the last day of the month to complete the review process and notify the Certification Team of their decision. All approved certification applicants will receive notification of their certification and their signed certificate by the 15th day of the month following their review. It takes an average of 45 days to receive a decision on your certification. For questions or assistance, please send us an email.
To receive the NAWDP member price, your NAWDP membership must be current. Otherwise, this system will generate an invoice at the higher non-member rate.
To apply as a NAWDP member, you must first join NAWDP or renew your membership by logging into your profile and completing the renewal process. For assistance with your membership please call 1-877-202-2472.