Register Today for the 2019 Annual Conference!
Click Here to Register as an Attendee
Click Here To See Exhibit, Sponsorship, and Advertising Opportunities
NAWDP is proud to announce that we will be hosting our 36th Annual Conference May 5th-8th in San Antonio, TX. There will be workshops, key note speakers, pre-conference sessions, annual award presentations, vendor exhibits, and the NAWDP business meeting.
For nearly 30 years, workforce development professionals have gathered at NAWDP's Annual Conference to:
- enhance and maintain their skills through continuing education
- network with peers, mentors, and leaders
- share ideas, experiences and metrics about promising practices
- discover new and innovative programs, products and services
Attendees represent the full range of career experience in the industry, from senior leaders to entry-level employees, and come from every corner of the country and every segment of the industry. NAWDP's Annual Conference has become one of the largest gatherings of workforce development professionals, with over 1,000 attendees and 40 exhibitors each year.
Click Here for Conference Schedule
Click Here for a Complete Schedule of Workshops and their Descriptions
The 2019 Annual Conference will feature four outstanding pre-conference sessions. All sessions run concurrently and require an additional registration fee of $150.
- Career Coaching - The Approach that Changes Lives
- Presented by Mary Ann Lawrence, Power Notes, LLC
- Workforce professionals change lives for a living! We empower, we coach, we guide, and we help jobseekers plan! This session will help WIOA and partner agency front line workers and their supervisors’ transition to the coaching approach of changing lives. We will explore what career planning is and learn how to manage client relations, inventory and assess skills, and how to understand and help jobseekers identify transferable skills. Finally, we will learn how to encourage the dream!
- Platinum Level Case Management for Workforce Professionals
- Presented by Dynamic Works Institute Team
- More than ever before, the expectations of workforce “case managers” are extraordinary. How can we take the traditional “transaction” role and make it more “transformative” using data to better serve jobseekers? This session provides a comprehensive, four-subject overview of case management skills, strategies, competencies, and evidence-based practices to reach platinum levels of case management. Attendees will be challenged to think critically about their professional relationship with jobseekers, participate in hands-on activities, and showcase their knowledge and skills in a final live demonstration and assessment.
- Systematic Approach to Inclusive Apprenticeships for Individuals with Disabilities
- Presented by Carolyn Jones, US Department of Labor
- Inclusive apprenticeship is a workforce development strategy that advances career development for under-represented populations, including people with disabilities (PWD). This session will define “inclusive apprenticeship”, educate workforce professionals about the advantages of building inclusive apprenticeship pipelines, tapping resources to make implementation successful, and creating successful career pathways to address todays skills shortage. The presenters will; define promising practices and evidence based strategies, and share guides and videos released by the USDOL.
- Re-Thinking Re-Entry: Mindfully Meeting Outcomes
- Presented by Tressa Dorsey, TAD Grants
- This session will explore the design of re-entry programs, from implementation to outcomes, utilizing best practice models from around the country. Most re-entry projects are time sensitive, requiring multiple facets of a program to come together in a short period of time to achieve maximum efficacy. Facilitators will address four key areas of re-entry programs including: Recruitment, Partnering with Corrections/Law Enforcement, Case Management and Retention. Each component, if designed and executed with purpose, will improve successful attainment of key outcomes.
To register as an attendee you can simply use the register link above. To receive the members only discount you MUST be logged in to your account. If you are registering more than one attendee or you are registering for someone else please call 877-202-2472 or email email@example.com. To receive the early bird discount (for members and non-members) you must complete your registration and pay by March 19, 2019.
- Early Bird Members - $575.00
- Early Bird Non-Members - $695.00
- Members (after 3/19/19) - $675.00
- Non-Members (after 3/19/19) - $795.00
If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring at the 2019 Annual Conference please call 877-202-2472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, 101 Bowie St, San Antonio, TX 78205
We have a block of room reserved at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter at a conference rate of $199.00/night. Booking a room in our hotel block also gives you complimentary internet in your guest rooms and complimentary access to the pool and fitness center. Reservations must be made by April 12, 2019. **Please note that the conference hotel fills quickly so make your reservation as soon as possible.
Hotel Reservation Link
Information Coming Soon
Each year NAWDP recognizes several outstanding workforce professionals for their accomplishments. If you would like to nominate someone, click here. The deadline for nominations is March 15, 2019.
The attire for the conference is business casual.