CAREER DEVELOPMENT PRINCIPLES
1. Administers and interprets a variety of assessment tools.
2. Delivers and applies knowledge of modern job search strategies.
3. Develops training plans that address employer needs and job-seeker capabilities.4. Identifies the kinds of information individuals need, including assessment, to make realistic career decisions, and where that information can be found.
5. Knows what skills are needed to search for, obtain, retain, and change employment.
6. Listens to customer concerns and protects customer confidentiality.
7. Makes appropriate referrals.
8. Provides customer with career exploration and job development skills.
9. Understands modern recruitment and retention strategies.
10. Understands the process by which individuals build skills, advance, and change employment.
11. Understands the process by which individuals identify goals, as well as prepare for, search for, and retain employment.